I bookmarked this article on not getting screwed by freelance clients 3 months ago
It’s from Fast Co Design. I’m adding the rules here to give me all the helpful reminders. I always screw a couple of these up.
- Get it in writing.
- No spec work.
- Upfront payments.
- Never send final work before final money.
- Look for red flags. Run for the hills.
- Avoid working for friends and family.
- Pick your battles.
- Sometimes, swing for the fences with pricing.
- Learn all the things.
- Reputation is everything.